The weather is hot, but we don’t want to be! As summer gradually comes upon us, the average temperatures will begin to rise – especially during the daytime when the sun is at its brightest. If the temperature is above 90 degrees, it is often unpleasant to go out of doors. However, nobody likes to be stuck inside all day! Thankfully, you can have a happy medium. Here are some ways to burn off some extra energy without overheating in the hot sun:
- Have a water balloon fight. While only spending a few bucks at your local dollar store, you can still get the kids outside without worrying about heat exhaustion! Just dress up in your bathing suits, fill up those water balloons, and you’re all set!
- Go ice skating. When it is simply too hot to do anything outside, find your local indoor ice rink and cool off there!
- Enjoy a frozen treat. Have a lovely snack such as frozen berries or popsicles to satisfy your sweet tooth as well as keep you cool.
- Go to the grocery store. Most grocery stores have strong air conditioning in order to keep the food from spoiling. If you really want to cool down, head to the freezer aisle for a few minutes!
- Put your sheets in the freezer before bed. If you do not have air conditioning, try freezing your sheets for a few hours before you go to sleep. This will help you stay cool as you get a good night’s rest.
- Drink water. This is quite obvious, but a glass of ice water is certainly refreshing on a hot day.
- Go swimming. Head over to your local lake, pond, or pool and jump right in!
Have fun, and stay cool!